Kauai River Kayaking at it's finest!
“Da Kine” Tour: Paddle the majestic Wailua River, original home to the first Hawaiians who came from the Marquesas Islands to Kauai almost 1500 years ago. Hear the legends and learn about the flora and fauna of Kauai’s most sacred area. After paddling past numerous Heiau (sacred shrines), view ancient Kamokila Village, the sight made famous in the jungle scene of the film Outbreak. Heading up the north fork of the River, paddle leisurely through one of Kauai’s most beautiful jungle rivers until you come to the trailhead for the hike to enchanting Secret Falls, an 80-foot fall that descends into a refreshing swimming hole. Enjoy a picnic lunch and beverages and a cool dip before heading back down river. Enjoy the Wailua with the safety and expertise of Kauai Guides.
The hike is approximately 1 mile each way; the paddle approximately 2 miles each way.
We are allowed to take only 12 guests per trip; one morning trip, one afternoon trip. No shows and cancellations within 24 hours of scheduled trip will be charged full price. We often go in the rain, so guests should be prepared for that. If guides feel the river or hike is unsafe, they will cancel the trip, and guests will, of course, receive full refund.
Select tour day
- Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition. Expect about 4 miles of paddling and just over two miles of hiking. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
- No bad backs, knees, ankles or recent surgeries.
To protect both of you, we cannot accept bookings for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour.
Tours go out rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather tours will be re-scheduled.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes (hiking boots or hiking sandals -Tevas, water shoes – tabis, tennis or running shoes). Footwear will be completely submerged in water.
- Light comfortable clothing.
- Wear a swimsuit under your clothing.
- Bring towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and rain gear.
- All visitors should carry an extra bottle of water while on the island.
- You may wish to bring an extra set of clothes to leave in our van.
- Bring the camera and your sense of adventure!
- Kayak and paddles, all equipment and accessories, dry storage & dry bags on boat for cameras and personal things.
- Backpack use.
- Personal Flotation Devices.
- We provide Water.
We provide a delicious picnic lunch.
Customers may choose from turkey, ham, vegetarian. We also provide a gluten free bread or lettuce wrap.